wychwood banner
Invite friends to join tunA the day

Their email addresses are

Your email address

Your message (optional, max 500 characters)

frame box top
Go to Page : 1 2 . Previous Page  :  Next Page

PC's Live Bands

paulchristopher

Posted on June 24, 2018, 9:44 am

Lumer, a young post punk band from Hull, gave us all a great time last night. This, Burn/Bleed went down particularly well.

coolnoise

Posted on July 1, 2018, 5:13 pm

Glad to see that you still get to see the punier side of things. Later this year you have the chance to see the Coathangers who have just released a shockingly good live album. Shocking because I didn't think they were that good from the four previous studio albums. Also Weakened Friends will be playing a free gig in Brighton on their first European tour. Keep Halloween free if you like the sound of them. They win my prize for the smiliest bassist and drummer. What a great place Brighton is for music.

paulchristopher

Posted on July 8, 2018, 10:38 am

Thanks. Have marked the calendar with the suggestions.

Caught a fantastic band last night, completely by accident, en route to a party. Frank and Beans. They're two Northern Irish lads, now based in Brighton - yes, it's a great place for music! - and this is what they sound like.

paulchristopher

Posted on July 13, 2018, 8:47 am
Last edited on July 13, 2018, 8:59 am

This isn't live, so failing my own remit. I've discovered a fantastic label called Village Green Recordings, who release filmic type music of great beauty. Here are a couple of examples:

1. Ben Chatwin, from his second album, Staccato Signals, a track called Bow Shock.

2. From Angele David-Guillou's album, En Mouvement, a track - and dance routine - called Desert Stilts.

And here's a link to the excellent record label Village Green itself.

Enjoy!

paulchristopher

Posted on July 14, 2018, 8:29 am

Saw four electronica acts last night, all worth a name check - Kid Ivy, Frankie Knight, Yumi and the Weather and Temples of Youth - all intercut with some excellent dance beats. Three of the acts were duos. Yumi and the Weather, probably the rockiest of the four, were my faves by a whisker. Here's one. And all for a fiver on the door 😀

Go to Page : 1 2 . Previous Page  :  Next Page

Forum 'Latest Post' RSS Feed What is RSS?
page bottom
frame box top
Glovebox Logo
A new music promotion company bringing amazing live music to West Oxfordshire and beyond.