wychwood banner
Invite friends to join tunA the day

Their email addresses are

Your email address

Your message (optional, max 500 characters)

frame box top

Al McHardy

Mr TunA

Posted on May 17, 2018, 8:23 am

Final thoughts...for a bit

Andy Cordy

Posted on May 27, 2018, 7:35 am
Last edited on May 27, 2018, 7:35 am

I like this groove but I think he was looking for a much richer evocation of the exotic than he's achieved. I think it's the vocal, which is kind of stating the obvious and not mysterious at all. AS bit like trying to do sci-fi techno in a world which has moved beyond that technology.

paulchristopher

Posted on May 27, 2018, 9:26 am
Last edited on May 27, 2018, 9:50 am

A song of two halves. A fantastic musical piece, that builds beautifully, coupled with a completely inappropriate vocal.

'Bandits', 'genies', 'treasures', 'palace walls'... This is straight out of Tintin. And fatuous nothingy stuff like 'thinking where do we go from here' and 'cos I am you and you are me' kill it completely. There's a reason why Lisa Gerrard and Jocelyn Pook invent their own language, phonetic sounds, to accompany their exotic soundscapes.

Still, the vocal is a feat. - with one Christian Slawinski. A remix could sort it completely. Another track, feat. Niamh Delahunty, suffers from the same lyrical awkwardness, though I prefer her voice. Basically, Al McHardy seems a highly gifted electronica merchant - the 'Villain' tracks are great - who needs to find the right vocalists/lyricists to work with.

Vote hard. Four excellent contenders. Went local in the end :-)

coolnoise

Posted on May 27, 2018, 4:21 pm

Not my sort of thing but musically it is decent. I agree with PC on the vocals. The Villain EP is really good.

Sorry things are still bad, Ade. Take a break, ignore all emails from promoters stc. When you feel ready I suspect we will still be here.

Mr TunA

Posted on May 27, 2018, 7:00 pm

Thanks Coolnoise and to ALL you lovely people. I'll be back ASAP!! :-)

paulchristopher

Posted on May 27, 2018, 7:36 pm

See ya soon! :-)

Jeff Roberts

Posted on May 28, 2018, 2:59 pm

Jeez just saw this now. Hard to put anything into commentary when your testimonial is as it is. I'll miss the forum greatly but even more bummed about your coming to this impasse Ade.

Forum 'Latest Post' RSS Feed What is RSS?
page bottom
frame box top
Glovebox Logo
A new music promotion company bringing amazing live music to West Oxfordshire and beyond.