wychwood banner
Invite friends to join tunA the day

Their email addresses are

Your email address

Your message (optional, max 500 characters)

frame box top

Thyla

Mr TunA

Posted on May 17, 2018, 8:14 am

Scores on the doors please

Andy Cordy

Posted on May 26, 2018, 7:50 am

There's a lot going for this but ultimately it's all a bit tame and a bit too familiar for me.

Right at the end, there is a wild flourish that gives a tempting suggestion of how exciting their work might become.

They are trying too hard for a pop record.

Andy Cordy

Posted on May 26, 2018, 7:55 am

Been travelling (mostly driving) since early Thursday and got home last night just in time to remember I had a ticket for Bryde. I nearly didn't go. However, I scraped my carcass of the sofa, got in the car for another 50 mile round trip.

So glad I went. She is wonderful!

paulchristopher

Posted on May 26, 2018, 10:23 am

Seen this lot lots, and like them lots too. This zippy little song gets better and better with each listen. Crisp and driving. It achieves exactly what it's setting out to achieve, and in under three minutes. Result, I reckon. 10.

As for Timo Maas, him and me gave it our all last night. Haha. His set was truly dope! Bloody Nora. Off the scale.

coolnoise

Posted on May 26, 2018, 6:01 pm
Last edited on May 26, 2018, 6:02 pm

I've grown to really like this over multiple plays while deciding what to say. Initially I thought it sounded like an out-take from a Garbage album. But then I like Garbage. And at the end it does move up a gear and reaches new heights.

I can't help thinking that if this band had a mad sister band locked in the attic then they would be Frigs

Pleased for you Andy. And thanks for that video link. Shows what you can do with a bit of open ground.

Forum 'Latest Post' RSS Feed What is RSS?
page bottom
frame box top
Glovebox Logo
A new music promotion company bringing amazing live music to West Oxfordshire and beyond.