wychwood banner
Invite friends to join tunA the day

Their email addresses are

Your email address

Your message (optional, max 500 characters)

frame box top

Michael Jablonka

Mr TunA

Posted on May 17, 2018, 8:12 am

Thoughts please

paulchristopher

Posted on May 25, 2018, 7:44 am

Much much prefer this to his last showing here. Something about the tune's reminding me of Rock n Roll Star. Tons of whoomph. Excellent.

coolnoise

Posted on May 25, 2018, 10:52 am

Just the mentions of Lenny Kravitz made me wary. By the end I was won over when the guitar distortion increases and his voice begins to rasp.

Jeff Roberts

Posted on May 25, 2018, 12:48 pm

This reminds me of Van Halen covering Pretty Woman or anything from Billy Idol. That guitar sound with all the effects has a very dated sound--actually it's that one little turnaround riff that's doing it. But the beat and drum sound (and playing) are fantastic and the guitar parts themselves are too. It's got a kind of T Rex gloss in the vocal melody and production, and also the tune sounds so much like Goldfrapp's Strict Machine. When it drops out to drums & bass it sounds dope (that's my first use of 'dope' and now I'm swearing it off).

This is really catchy as hell, and it's young man strutting peacock music done to great effect. I'd like to hear this guy produced by Jack White to get a bit more serious edge in the sound and avoid the little bits of cliche that are creeping in. But a great guilty pleasure in meantime...

Andy Cordy

Posted on May 26, 2018, 7:46 am

He's holding the line between Pop and Rock very cleverly here. Love it.

Terrific production which loses it just before the end in an ugly distorted mush but the whole is just beautiful.

Really catchy.

Forum 'Latest Post' RSS Feed What is RSS?
page bottom
frame box top
Glovebox Logo
A new music promotion company bringing amazing live music to West Oxfordshire and beyond.