wychwood banner
Invite friends to join tunA the day

Their email addresses are

Your email address

Your message (optional, max 500 characters)

frame box top

Hatful of Rain

Mr TunA

Posted on May 15, 2018, 8:31 am

Full to the brim?

paulchristopher

Posted on May 24, 2018, 8:27 am

Local band. Pleasant live. Not really my thing, although all the constituent parts here are pleasant enough, if of that early 70s take on trad folk. Hmmm. Pleasant. I seem to be damning it with faint praise... Ok, I love the intro and would prob prefer to hear this as an instrumental cos however true that voice is - and I'm sure there'll be lots who praise its pitch-perfect purity etc - it makes my head hurt.

Pollux

Posted on May 24, 2018, 8:49 am

Pleasant, that's the appropriate word.

Jeff Roberts

Posted on May 24, 2018, 1:21 pm

Haunting banjo intro--it's really gorgeous. The transition to cut time comes pretty late in the game. The folkies might be OK with that but I think it oughta come much earlier because it's presented as the real meat of the tune. Overall the sound is fantastic, and I definitely like the voice. What a fantastic cover photo on their website.

I'm working on a second album and the first with a hard copy CD. Here's some malarkey that won't be on it: Vjisitation. Paul may like this one...

coolnoise

Posted on May 24, 2018, 1:49 pm

I love songs with stories like this. So well told and beautifully sung and played. I didn't get grabbed by any of the other tunes I found by them but this one is fantastic.

paulchristopher

Posted on May 24, 2018, 2:04 pm

Yes, Jeff. Paul does like that. I've had Timo Maas on all day. Loved his stuff for years, never seen him and he's playing this skanky little club tomorrow night. Here's one. The funkier Vjisitation would sit well along side it I reckon. Loving the didgeridoo noise towards the end. ;-)

Jeff Roberts

Posted on May 24, 2018, 10:21 pm

groove and lots of interesting layers to float in --love it!! funny how similar

Andy Cordy

Posted on May 26, 2018, 7:42 am

I think the writing is excellent and musically delightful and their blend of styles is skilfully managed. Excellent playing and singing alround.

Forum 'Latest Post' RSS Feed What is RSS?
page bottom
frame box top
Glovebox Logo
A new music promotion company bringing amazing live music to West Oxfordshire and beyond.