wychwood banner
Invite friends to join tunA the day

Their email addresses are

Your email address

Your message (optional, max 500 characters)

frame box top

Koto Kills

Mr TunA

Posted on May 15, 2018, 7:45 am

Scores on the doors if you please

Andy Cordy

Posted on May 22, 2018, 7:06 am

This has a powerful production and taken at first hearing it's very catchy although,
the song is, more or less, a series of whoops and squeaks, making no sense to me,
like their previous single, posted a year ago, "Vagabonds".

I like the way they have used conventional instruments and sample in this hybrid rock. I think it has a lot of appeal and it bowls along but they really need to think about who it's marketed at. Cindy Lauper and Trevor Horn are way too old to make records for teenagers. Perhaps if they couple up with someone to produce animated video as in Power Rangers or Ninja Turtles it could work.

paulchristopher

Posted on May 22, 2018, 7:41 am

Who's it like? Dunno. M.I.A lite? The Go! Team heavy? Gary Glitter? Don't care. Loving it, whatever.

The shouting is inconsequential and faintly ridiculous. Let's Go! You're so good! Whoop-di-do! The melody/lyrics of the song are filler, mere background to that drumming that propels the whole lot forward, like fire crackers snapping at your ankles and ably abetted by that chopping guitar.

I love the fact that it's the instruments, esp those drums, that are so to the fore in the mix, pushing the singers into the background, where they putter about excitedly, harmlessly, like a bunch of toddlers. It's no riot, but it's a lot of fun.

coolnoise

Posted on May 22, 2018, 10:58 am

Meaningless but great fun. Nice guitar sound.

paulchristopher

Posted on May 22, 2018, 12:51 pm

The voice on Vagabonds is truly horrible. Totally ruins a great track. Today's pushed back vocal is better. Total excision probably better in the future.

Jeff Roberts

Posted on May 22, 2018, 1:12 pm

Let's not.

Forum 'Latest Post' RSS Feed What is RSS?
page bottom
frame box top
Glovebox Logo
A new music promotion company bringing amazing live music to West Oxfordshire and beyond.