wychwood banner
Invite friends to join tunA the day

Their email addresses are

Your email address

Your message (optional, max 500 characters)

frame box top

Healthy Junkies

Mr TunA

Posted on May 11, 2018, 7:58 am

Scores on the doors please

coolnoise

Posted on May 20, 2018, 9:28 am

It's the shopping trolley video band back again!

Since this week is nostalgia week, I will say that this track reminds me not so much of Punk as The New York Dolls, which is not a bad thing. Some very fine guitar playing. Yes, it is my sort of music except that it isn't pushing any boundaries.

Still my track of the week.

paulchristopher

Posted on May 20, 2018, 9:57 am

Yeah, thumbs up. Way too long for a punk song, of course. It lapses into some Patti Smith oral noodlings, which is fine by me. Odd accent and some weird gasping and huffing, but my fave here of late. Now I think she should phone 'them' up and give them what for.

paulchristopher

Posted on May 20, 2018, 10:05 am
Last edited on May 20, 2018, 10:50 am

So, it's all over for another year. I caught thirty odd acts out of a possible 450, a real eclectic mix of styles, and some incredible talent.

Thanks again to Ade for some heads ups. Caught Marsicians, some Emily Cappell, Annabel Allum, Gaffa Tape Sandy, the excellent Vryll Society and the amazing Tuvaband, TunAs all. Two disappointments. Hockey Mommy's set was bland and listless. The Go! Team real stale...

One act I saw on Friday I should mention is Kamaal Williams. It was a kind of jazz techno fusion, too jazzy for the likes of me, but the playing was impeccable and the vibe and groove generated at times utterly irresistible.

Three things particularly grabbed me yesterday. I'll try and find live links that captured something of what I got...

paulchristopher

Posted on May 20, 2018, 10:10 am
Last edited on May 20, 2018, 10:51 am

French band, the Psychotic Monks. Jeez, they were so charged up. Maybe it's the monastic celibacy, but the psychotic bit was certainly apt.

Don't really know what this is. Saw them because I wanted to catch AK/DK, and they were on before. Joycut from Italy. Dancey, spacey, rhythmic, rather magnificent.

And last, not a newcomer at all, rapper Ghetts, who did a special guest slot. Having abandoned The Go! Team's flat wedding reception routine, we wandered off and caught this. Atmosphere fantastic. Ghetts charming and fun and clever, and had the crowd of knowing fans in his hands. Top.

Andy Cordy

Posted on May 20, 2018, 10:58 am

I wasn't looking forward to this with the opening chords but once they hit their groove I was away. Surfing a sugar rush brought on by having yesterday's birthday cake for breakfast.

They cover a lot of ground in a few short minutes from thrash into reggae in the manner of the Clash. Great stuff!

paulchristopher

Posted on May 20, 2018, 2:59 pm

Btw. I wasn't disappointed with AK/DK either. Banging stuff. Energy again... Try Maxwell's Waves off the Synths, Drums etc thing to see what they're up to. Deffo not some AC/DC tribute band.

Right, I'll stop now. It's over - but I'm still buzzing...

Forum 'Latest Post' RSS Feed What is RSS?
page bottom
frame box top
Glovebox Logo
A new music promotion company bringing amazing live music to West Oxfordshire and beyond.