wychwood banner
Invite friends to join tunA the day

Their email addresses are

Your email address

Your message (optional, max 500 characters)

frame box top

Rainbreakers

Mr TunA

Posted on May 9, 2018, 2:17 pm

Pause in the downpour?

Andy Cordy

Posted on May 17, 2018, 10:58 am
Last edited on May 17, 2018, 10:59 am

Given that I don't trust anyone who's wearing shades, I think this has HUGE potential.

To me, the blues rock of Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple and Sly and the Family Stone represent the backbone of my appreciation of rock music. There are flavours of all of these here but it sounds very fresh and open and they have not allowed the OTT guitars, tumbling drum licks etc to muddle the mix. Excellent.

I have reservations about the quality of the lyric writing and too many David Coverdale 'cock rock' numbers. They need to think about that and if they intend to use cliches then they have to rewrite them cleverly.

Mr TunA

Posted on May 17, 2018, 11:59 am
Last edited on May 17, 2018, 11:59 am

Have a listen to some of their live set Mr C

https://www.mixcloud.com/Gloveboxlive/rainbreakers-live-at-fat-lils/

coolnoise

Posted on May 17, 2018, 12:35 pm

Excellent recreation of 70s music. Clearly they are good musicians and I do still listen to some Rock from then.

But for me, with all the great music around it is a bit pointless. There's still loads of music which is at the very least is a new twist on old ideas which will take my attention.

Jeff Roberts

Posted on May 17, 2018, 1:34 pm

Really nice job of getting an aggressive guitar tone while keeping it tight and fitting in the mix well. This is so much like The Black Keys but the vocals are much much better here. I concur with AC on the lyrics but then again the Black Keys are in a similar bucket, and they sell records, or whatever it is that people listen to these days. The bass needs to fill more space on the break, and probably on the verses too instead of stopping and starting even with the guitar riffs--keeping a fluid groove with the drums as marker instead of guitar would add a lot. Adding some shake percussion, and maybe even congas would give a lot of life to the mix. It's a very clean production and execution regardless.

paulchristopher

Posted on May 17, 2018, 3:22 pm

Not my thing at all. Not even in the 70s. But I really like that voice.

TGE. Seen Luna Bay. Polo and Pan, Harvey Causon, Le Boom and Dizzy so far. All good for different reasons. Le Boom's infectious beats my fave so far. The sun is shining. It's a beautiful day. :-)

Forum 'Latest Post' RSS Feed What is RSS?
page bottom
frame box top
Glovebox Logo
A new music promotion company bringing amazing live music to West Oxfordshire and beyond.