wychwood banner
Invite friends to join tunA the day

Their email addresses are

Your email address

Your message (optional, max 500 characters)

frame box top

The Old Pink House

Mr TunA

Posted on May 9, 2018, 11:52 am

Does it have a green door?

Shaky ref? Ed

Maybe! Maybe not!!

Andy Cordy

Posted on May 16, 2018, 7:37 am
Last edited on May 16, 2018, 7:39 am

This is very striking and I think, listening to their Soundcloud, it's the best thing they've recorded so far.

There are some very nice harmonic twists in the tune and it is much less dependent on the high register of the lead singer, who also rips those licks. Loads of talent here.

I like the space and the big beat chorus. The sound is very mainstream , when I came to the end of their numbers, I was beginning to numb out a bit with the similarity of the sounds and textures, a new track came on in the same vein but it was what Soundcloud had up next by a band called The Pale White.

I'm suggesting maybe a more radical edge is needed to get them noticed. They're not going to make Radio 1, the sound is too old, Radio 2 maybe, maybe not. Radio6 music? They're going to need a kick.

paulchristopher

Posted on May 16, 2018, 8:13 am
Last edited on May 16, 2018, 8:16 am

A great radio-friendly pop song with enough off kilter bits to the melody and production to reward repeat plays. I listened to several on Soundcloud. A veritable chocolate box of pop songs in a Vince Clarke/Chinnichap mode. None of it is for me. Way too poppy. Though I bet they're fun live - speaking of which, I'll be picking up Great Escape wristband and programme later. :-)

coolnoise

Posted on May 16, 2018, 9:05 am

Not my sort of thing but I left their SoundCloud on and found myself enjoying it.

Jeff Roberts

Posted on May 16, 2018, 12:34 pm

It opens like Gary Neuman's Cars. The vocal is very striking --really nice tenor that cuts through clearly in a real sweet spot of the tonal range. I think there's an ingredient or two too much in the soup--there's too much fighting for mix space on the chorus IMO. Or just duck the keys a bit to leave more space for the vocals. If the bass were a tad less fuzzed out the groove would have more umph but it's good as is. I have no idea whether this would go over or not. Someone stuck on the M25 will enjoy it on Radio Two but is it Radio One?

Forum 'Latest Post' RSS Feed What is RSS?
page bottom
frame box top
Glovebox Logo
A new music promotion company bringing amazing live music to West Oxfordshire and beyond.