wychwood banner
Invite friends to join tunA the day

Their email addresses are

Your email address

Your message (optional, max 500 characters)

frame box top

Irene Skylakaki

Mr TunA

Posted on March 6, 2018, 1:30 pm
Last edited on March 7, 2018, 9:36 am

Is Sky her limit?

Andy Cordy

Posted on March 13, 2018, 7:30 am
Last edited on March 13, 2018, 7:35 am

Like the voice, like the subject and the lyric but that first tune just goes round and round and ....then you get a tiny change into the chorus, briefly, then it's back.

So unfortunate, I think there is real talent here but two listens was just a bit more than enough.

There is a Soundcloud page. Don't bother. There are 20 second clips. However, 3 years ago, a song called "Dawn" has a pretty tune, so there is hope but not if you can't hear what she can do without paying for the privilege.

paulchristopher

Posted on March 13, 2018, 8:26 am

Well I love this. I played it a dozen or so times last night, woke to it in my head this morning and have played it several times more. It's got that 99 Luftballons naivety. The voice, the playful two-parts to the song...

There's loads more thrown up if you type in her name - songs that pop up through YouTube etc. Clock. Tonight. In the Light. All good. A real talent, I'd say. Wasn't Theodore last week also Greek? Perhaps we're witnessing some kind of Hellenic revival ;-)

Mr TunA

Posted on March 13, 2018, 9:00 am

He was indeed PC...up the Greeks

coolnoise

Posted on March 13, 2018, 12:47 pm

There's some earlier work on Spotify. I will admit that I think this song is a considerable advance over the Folky singer/songwriter material there. This track feels much more modern.

Of course the Greeks should have an advantage over others, having invented Western Music. Sadly the same principle doesn't apply to Football.

Jeff Roberts

Posted on March 13, 2018, 1:15 pm

Very successful tune I'd say--it sounds very current and there's some idiosyncratic innovation (along with reviewer alliteration). I like velvety alto voices like hers (very similar to Dido). It's not easy to make time/meter changes work but they're very effective. Nice!

Forum 'Latest Post' RSS Feed What is RSS?
page bottom
frame box top
Glovebox Logo
A new music promotion company bringing amazing live music to West Oxfordshire and beyond.