wychwood banner
Invite friends to join tunA the day

Their email addresses are

Your email address

Your message (optional, max 500 characters)

frame box top

Odina

Mr TunA

Posted on February 8, 2018, 9:10 am

Thoughts please

paulchristopher

Posted on February 14, 2018, 7:15 am

Basically, same Milk-Eyed Mender comments as last time. This particular girl-woman voice is nowhere near as cute as someone thinks, and is not backed up by lyrics of any import. Great first line though. Phew

Andy Cordy

Posted on February 14, 2018, 7:58 am

I'm afraid I'm with PC. The Newsomness of her voice is not supported by the extraordinary quality of Joanna Newsom's writing.

There is promise in her work and there are better things on Soundcloud but the ideas are simple and they are too readily repeated and appealing, not wrenched from the breast before they can do harm to the singer, nor bursting with innocent love.

Personally, this type of voice is a distraction I have to get past before I can even listen. Who knows, she may be the singer to popularise it, however, I think a mass audience is not prepared to give themselves to powerful emotions, "keep it light, keep your feelings out of sight".

Mr TunA

Posted on February 14, 2018, 10:51 am

I'm a big Laura Veirs fan so the voice is a plus for me

Jeff Roberts

Posted on February 14, 2018, 12:50 pm

No.

coolnoise

Posted on February 14, 2018, 10:37 pm

I try never to criticise a voice since that is one thing that a singer can't change. Maybe there is a problem with some phrasing - too much effort to sound sweet?

It's not that far from my latest passion of Lomelda that I linked to the other day. Personal songs but somehow too direct in this case - I'm listening to someone's feelings but not sharing them. For me it's the small town Texas girl who tells tales that remind me of uncertain emotions but I think many others may find the same in Odina.

Forum 'Latest Post' RSS Feed What is RSS?
page bottom
frame box top
Glovebox Logo
A new music promotion company bringing amazing live music to West Oxfordshire and beyond.