todays tuna todays tuna button
RIPL
EMA
wychwood banner
Invite friends to join tunA the day

Their email addresses are

Your email address

Your message (optional, max 500 characters)

frame box top

Vive La Rose

Mr TunA

Posted on February 8, 2018, 8:22 am

Does he flower?

Jeff Roberts

Posted on February 13, 2018, 3:14 am
Last edited on February 13, 2018, 3:16 am

Kinda Gomez meets Donovan I'd say. Name game out of the way, this is pleasant Pop. I really like the bridge even though it doesn't feel very tight rhythmically.

These were both enjoyable in a vein very similar to Andrew Bird. I think the video wins though--it's a great video and the tune is so playful and catchy. The outro is damn near ecstatic, and I'm really digging it.

Here's a tune that I have loved for several years now. It's my friend Anthony Monteleone trading as The Spermatochords: Truth & Illusion.

Andy Cordy

Posted on February 13, 2018, 7:19 am

I was not thrilled but hoping for way more. Following the lines about going to a house where he gets tied to the bed, I thought at least a narrative was opening out. No.

Maybe he is trying for a Leisure Society vibe but there's little of the wit to show here.

paulchristopher

Posted on February 13, 2018, 7:32 am

Kind of jaunty sound. I quite like the introduction of the constituent parts; strings, then the chorus. But didn't really work for me, not even after repeat listens. Just kind of sauntered past.

The Paddy Hanna bounces along wonderfully, but the vocal's a bit wilfully quirky, like the video. The Spermatochords were the most professional of today's bunch - but I way preferred Jeff's foray into electronica the other day. State of the Nation. Excellent doom-laden piece.

coolnoise

Posted on February 13, 2018, 1:02 pm

Nothing of interest for me. Not offensive (sadly).

Forum 'Latest Post' RSS Feed What is RSS?
page bottom
frame box top
Album of the week

Susto
& I'm Fine Today
Album of the week image
Blitzen Trapper, Uncle Lucius and indeed every Americana/rock band we've ever had on the site...if they are your kinda thing then check out this from the Carolina based 5-piece.
Listen | Buy it
Download it
frame box top
Glovebox Logo
A new music promotion company bringing amazing live music to West Oxfordshire and beyond.