todays tuna todays tuna button
Andrew Applepie Feat. Bjurman
Waltz of Despair
wychwood banner
Invite friends to join tunA the day

Their email addresses are

Your email address

Your message (optional, max 500 characters)

frame box top

Esther and Fatou

Mr TunA

Posted on January 6, 2018, 11:45 am

Thoughts please

Andy Cordy

Posted on January 13, 2018, 7:45 am

I've often expressed my enthusiasm for artists who have written stuff in English when that is not their first language. We assume that our neighbours in Europe will bend over backwards to please out pop industry by writing in our language.

This is not one of the great examples.

Where familiar pop cliches are strung together to make a lyric, particularly when the music is not very special either, it doesn't matter what your first language is, the result is disappointing.

I'd love to know they are capable of writing incisive, emotional lyrics in French or Flemish. Ideas are all that really matter

redheadman

Posted on January 13, 2018, 8:23 am

Happy new yaaah one and all, apologies for coming to this late...felt it wanted to 'kick in' but never quite did ....that said, would like to see them live, sure it works well in the flesh, so to speak ...laters folks...

Mr TunA

Posted on January 13, 2018, 8:53 am

HNY to you too RHM

paulchristopher

Posted on January 13, 2018, 9:23 am
Last edited on January 13, 2018, 9:24 am

It's ok. The overall feel is a bit like cowboy Morricone stuff, though not as good. Derivative rather than pioneering. The slow bit kills the song as a dance number.

This track would sit well though on the compilation album of winsome women singers we seem to have been listening to for the past few days. ;-)

Caught some new bands last night. Projector. Strange Cages. That's the name check. The band we all liked best was Gaygirl - coincidentally, also fronted by a woman.

Mr TunA

Posted on January 13, 2018, 9:29 am

Liking Gaygirl

readiescards

Posted on January 13, 2018, 10:00 am

magic

coolnoise

Posted on January 13, 2018, 11:01 am

It's a bit of a departure from the duo's work judging by looking through YouTube as far back as 2011. The Folky stuff was decent but I do like this more full production.

I'm liking that PC saw a real band with guitars and everything.

paulchristopher

Posted on January 13, 2018, 1:00 pm

Haha. All three bands were cracking, and very much wearing their parents'/grandparents' record collections on their sleeves ;-)

Jeff Roberts

Posted on January 13, 2018, 2:19 pm

This is very musical, and I'd enjoy it if it popped up on the radio. I really like the gauzy last acapella dropout. The vocals need a bit of compression or just plain boosting to push them out front a bit more. On verses the harmony doubling and reverb are too much and dissipate the impact and emotional connection I think, much as this sounds great on other sections. Having a bit more singular and personal voice on the verses would give this more hook, IMO.

Forum 'Latest Post' RSS Feed What is RSS?
page bottom
frame box top
Album of the week

Have You Ever Seen The Jane Fonda Aerobic VHS?
Jazzbelle 1984/1988
Album of the week image
Infectiously energetic pop from this splendidly named band from Finland. Think Go! Team and you've pretty much got it.
Listen | Buy it
Download it
frame box top
Glovebox Logo
A new music promotion company bringing amazing live music to West Oxfordshire and beyond.