todays tuna todays tuna button
Andrew Applepie Feat. Bjurman
Waltz of Despair
wychwood banner
Invite friends to join tunA the day

Their email addresses are

Your email address

Your message (optional, max 500 characters)

frame box top

Pip Hall

Mr TunA

Posted on January 6, 2018, 11:42 am

Does Pip join the HALL of Fame?

paulchristopher

Posted on January 12, 2018, 9:11 am

Haha. Not on my behalf. It's ok, but very repetitive, right up to the fade out. I kept wanting it to shift a bit, but when the bridge came two and a half mins in, it was so predictable I gave up. My fave bit is the first 35 seconds...

All the other Soundcloud songs started ok too, but didn't hold me to the end. Despite the knowing production, I just don't think the songwriting is strong enough - and she does sound as 'constantly jaded' to me as she sings, so fraid not for me at all.

But if the Daily Mirror likes it who gives a monkeys what I think? ;-)

coolnoise

Posted on January 12, 2018, 12:25 pm

Undoubtedly talented. Perfectly lovely but I don't often do perfectly lovely.

Today and Hero from two days ago are playing it far too cool for me. They don't stretch their voices at all. All Country fans know that voices get interesting when they try to hit a note and nearly fail. Along with phrasing it's where the distinctiveness of a voice is forged and means you will recognise them.

paulchristopher

Posted on January 12, 2018, 1:08 pm
Last edited on January 12, 2018, 1:36 pm

The WPC likes today's song - and voice - way more than yesterday's. Unlike me. It's what makes long car journeys so interesting....

But we do agree on this off Skin, the excellent album by Flume. :-)

Jeff Roberts

Posted on January 12, 2018, 5:03 pm

Lost a post due to server issues.

More Juliana Hatfield with Warpaint backing vocals.

This is pleasant like a potted fern in the corner. That's about it--I just don't hear real motive passion or a compelling aesthetic impulse. But they might be there all the same, and other people might be moved by it. That's a wonderful thing.

And with a repeat listen I like it so much more. Funny how that happens. If you can pay for high rotation you can get a hit that way...

Andy Cordy

Posted on January 12, 2018, 9:45 pm

I was getting a bit of "The Cramps" in the mix but not enough to really tickle my fancy.

I don't like the oooh wah! stuff much and it's all on one level (flat-lining) emotionally and dynamically. I guess that's a fluffy way of saying, dull.

Forum 'Latest Post' RSS Feed What is RSS?
page bottom
frame box top
Album of the week

Have You Ever Seen The Jane Fonda Aerobic VHS?
Jazzbelle 1984/1988
Album of the week image
Infectiously energetic pop from this splendidly named band from Finland. Think Go! Team and you've pretty much got it.
Listen | Buy it
Download it
frame box top
Glovebox Logo
A new music promotion company bringing amazing live music to West Oxfordshire and beyond.