todays tuna todays tuna button
Equals
Husk
wychwood banner
Invite friends to join tunA the day

Their email addresses are

Your email address

Your message (optional, max 500 characters)

frame box top

Someone

Mr TunA

Posted on November 30, 2017, 12:26 pm

Someone? Anyone? No one?

readiescards

Posted on December 8, 2017, 6:14 am

One is here.
Magic TunA today :-)

Andy Cordy

Posted on December 8, 2017, 7:40 am

I see what you mean, or not, about "Autumnal".

When you search "Someone" on Youtube you get a zillion irrelevant pages but some quite good music from say...Adele and The Chillies among others, so artist name change is called for I think.

Once again, there's this pouty, lick my ear thing going on, which, were she a man, could be interpreted as sexual harassment. She has a perfectly good voice but has chosen this odd but simple setting and then plastered the voice in a soup of effects.

Listening to the Soundcloud, I'm liking "The Deep" (which seems to be her reworking of someone else's track?) best, she isn't demonstrating anything profound in the writing of her material. Perhaps it's early days. As there's a gig advertised, she presumably has a bit more than this to offer.

paulchristopher

Posted on December 8, 2017, 9:41 am
Last edited on December 8, 2017, 9:47 am

The two-note bass motif is not new, but almost never fails. No exception here. This is a lovely song, performed well, melodic and intimate. I like it almost unreservedly, but just felt it needed a little something extra before the final fade out. But, yep, me!

The Deep is also very very nice, with a superb chorus. I'd go and see her. And here is the Queen of Pout, doing one of my songs of the year. https://m.youtube.com/watch?params=EAEYAdoBAggB&v=eP4eqhWc7sI&mode=NORMAL

[The above plays on my iPad, despite saying it won't initially, and dammit, still can't remember how to make the words appear cleverly... I know I did it before. Wanted Queen of Pout in blue. Gave up. Ha!]

Mr TunA

Posted on December 8, 2017, 11:05 am

:-)

Jeff Roberts

Posted on December 8, 2017, 12:58 pm

This is really nice but I like Andy's piss-taking review too. The arrangement has a lot in common with Lou Reed's Walk on the Wide Side, but Paul already got the two note bass vamp thing. Yeah it's big time waify--Bjork, Lorde, and who can forget Nina's 99 Luftballoons. This thing keeps coming back like Dr Who with different faces.

The Lana?? Don't get it but don't need to either if PC likes it. I like grittier female singers I guess. Here's the latest from Tuna discovery Bryde, whose every tune I love.

paulchristopher

Posted on December 8, 2017, 6:51 pm

By the way. Loving the Kelley Stoltz. Some of my favourite pop tropes. Ha. May well make its way onto a Christmas list. Cheers

Mr TunA

Posted on December 8, 2017, 8:13 pm

Tis a good album Paul

coolnoise

Posted on December 9, 2017, 8:49 am

In this digital age why don't bands produce two (or more) versions. One can have all the vocal effects on to try and produce some faux-naughties electro 'atmosphere'. And on the other one you can have a single tracked medium room reverb where you can hear a human voice.

Forum 'Latest Post' RSS Feed What is RSS?
page bottom
frame box top
Album of the week

Courtney Barnett & Kurt Vile
Lota Sea Lice
Album of the week image
Could have easily made it into our Top2 20 of 2017. Quirky, slacker alt. pop from the oddball Aussie / American duo. We haven't a clue what the title's all about. CD £9.99 / Download £7.99
Listen | Buy it
Download it
frame box top
Glovebox Logo
A new music promotion company bringing amazing live music to West Oxfordshire and beyond.