todays tuna todays tuna button
Equals
Husk
wychwood banner
Invite friends to join tunA the day

Their email addresses are

Your email address

Your message (optional, max 500 characters)

frame box top

K Anderson

Mr TunA

Posted on November 30, 2017, 10:38 am

A dozen x on the site, but does this match up to his previous work?

Andy Cordy

Posted on December 7, 2017, 7:53 am
Last edited on December 7, 2017, 7:57 am

Perhaps it's not what he wants but it's high time K Anderson was more widely recognised. Of all the tracks I've heard, this is the most broadly accessibly.

He has a way with catchy lines and this number is well served by that gift "I let your nicotine kiss linger here on my lips" being my favourite. Unusual for a man to write about letting go obsessive love, which I particularly like.

It's a punchy, spacious groove with lots of thoughtful touches. Excellent. I really hope it gets airplay.

The Youtube video is funny/sad/great the sound level is way lower than today's play.

Mr TunA

Posted on December 7, 2017, 8:22 am

I'm trying to book him for a live date or 2 in 2018

paulchristopher

Posted on December 7, 2017, 9:56 am

This is very clever. Like it, don't love it. I bought the Overthinker on the strength of his last showing on Tuna, but afraid I didn't really get into it. But this is another solid track from a good songwriter who, it transpires, has not set my own world on fire.

Btw, tried for a clever(ish) pun yesterday. Rage against the Maychine. But the phone autocorrected. Pah

Mr TunA

Posted on December 7, 2017, 10:22 am

;-) ha ha

And as you saw Paul...different strokes

Jeff Roberts

Posted on December 7, 2017, 7:41 pm

This sounds so much like Steven Page of the Barenaked Ladies--both vocal and writing. It's clever and likable. The Worry Dolls sound like a fun act.

coolnoise

Posted on December 9, 2017, 8:41 am

To answer your question, this is probably as good or better than his previous work. Its a finely crafted song delivered with brittleness and intensity.

Forum 'Latest Post' RSS Feed What is RSS?
page bottom
frame box top
Album of the week

Courtney Barnett & Kurt Vile
Lota Sea Lice
Album of the week image
Could have easily made it into our Top2 20 of 2017. Quirky, slacker alt. pop from the oddball Aussie / American duo. We haven't a clue what the title's all about. CD £9.99 / Download £7.99
Listen | Buy it
Download it
frame box top
Glovebox Logo
A new music promotion company bringing amazing live music to West Oxfordshire and beyond.