wychwood banner
Invite friends to join tunA the day

Their email addresses are

Your email address

Your message (optional, max 500 characters)

frame box top

K Anderson

Mr TunA

Posted on November 30, 2017, 10:38 am

A dozen x on the site, but does this match up to his previous work?

Andy Cordy

Posted on December 7, 2017, 7:53 am
Last edited on December 7, 2017, 7:57 am

Perhaps it's not what he wants but it's high time K Anderson was more widely recognised. Of all the tracks I've heard, this is the most broadly accessibly.

He has a way with catchy lines and this number is well served by that gift "I let your nicotine kiss linger here on my lips" being my favourite. Unusual for a man to write about letting go obsessive love, which I particularly like.

It's a punchy, spacious groove with lots of thoughtful touches. Excellent. I really hope it gets airplay.

The Youtube video is funny/sad/great the sound level is way lower than today's play.

Mr TunA

Posted on December 7, 2017, 8:22 am

I'm trying to book him for a live date or 2 in 2018

paulchristopher

Posted on December 7, 2017, 9:56 am

This is very clever. Like it, don't love it. I bought the Overthinker on the strength of his last showing on Tuna, but afraid I didn't really get into it. But this is another solid track from a good songwriter who, it transpires, has not set my own world on fire.

Btw, tried for a clever(ish) pun yesterday. Rage against the Maychine. But the phone autocorrected. Pah

Mr TunA

Posted on December 7, 2017, 10:22 am

;-) ha ha

And as you saw Paul...different strokes

Jeff Roberts

Posted on December 7, 2017, 7:41 pm

This sounds so much like Steven Page of the Barenaked Ladies--both vocal and writing. It's clever and likable. The Worry Dolls sound like a fun act.

coolnoise

Posted on December 9, 2017, 8:41 am

To answer your question, this is probably as good or better than his previous work. Its a finely crafted song delivered with brittleness and intensity.

Forum 'Latest Post' RSS Feed What is RSS?
page bottom
frame box top
Glovebox Logo
A new music promotion company bringing amazing live music to West Oxfordshire and beyond.