wychwood banner
Invite friends to join tunA the day

Their email addresses are

Your email address

Your message (optional, max 500 characters)

frame box top
Go to Page : 1 2 . Previous Page  :  Next Page

My Top Albums of 2017

Mr TunA

Posted on November 26, 2017, 10:11 am

We've given you ours and now it's your turn....

coolnoise

Posted on December 4, 2017, 1:01 pm

Seeds of Disorder by Exit Order
Messes by Stef Chura
Symmetry Somewhere by Tabah
Elastic by Amy O
Weather Station
Reaching for Indigo by Circuit Des Yeux
Tell The Devil by Ray Wylie Hubbard
Infinite Worlds by Vagabon

But all this has been overtaken by being introduced to Slothrust. No album this year as they have been touring but they did bring out a stop-gap of various covers they have performed over the years including Happy Together. Not representative of what they do now, but an interesting take of such a happy song. Interesting as in psychopathic.

paulchristopher

Posted on December 10, 2017, 12:10 pm

1. American Dream by LCD Soundsystem is my favourite.
The rest I love, but cannot order.

Lust For Life by Lana del Rey
Compassion by Forest Swords
Human by Rag n Bone Man
World Eater by Blanck Mass
Bicep by Bicep
New Energy by Four Tet
Sports by Fufanu
Congrats by Holy Fuck
Damn by Kendrick Lamarr
No Shape by Perfume Genius

Mr TunA

Posted on December 10, 2017, 8:37 pm

Consistently surprised at listening habits.

Of the above only 1 is on my list (LCD Soundsystem) and I've only heard of Weather Station on Coolnoises'

I LOVE that :-)

Mr TunA

Posted on December 11, 2017, 5:22 pm

Just got The Weather Station album today...fab, fab, fab

coolnoise

Posted on December 12, 2017, 1:28 pm

It is a remarkable album. In songwriting terms I don't think I have heard anything like it. She takes such tiny details as a touch, going for a meal in a restaurant and even though they are obviously moments from her life, I feel as though they are something I can share. And when she sings 'the most dangerous thing about you is your pain' then its a moment of revelation. I know exactly what she means but its such a precise and apt description of something I have always known.

coolnoise

Posted on December 18, 2017, 1:08 pm

Just thought I'd add a few words about my album of the Year Seed of Hysteria by Exit Order. Despite my liking for hard and fast guitar music I don't own much Hardcore Punk. In fact this is only the second record I have bought in 38 years - since I got Out of Vogue by Middle Class in 1979 (considered the very first record of this genre).

I understand that it may just sound typical of the genre on first listen but I think this is something special. Musically this sounds very tight, indeed I don't think it needs the word Hardcode in front - it is just the ultimate in Punk. It does just what it should - no frills and at a breakneck speed. As for the singer Anna Cataldo, I am entranced, a little embarrassing at my age. There are no decent live vids where you can hear much singing but this certainly shows just how well she moves on stage.

And the albums on green vinyl.

paulchristopher

Posted on December 23, 2017, 11:42 am

The wpc heard something on radio 6 last week that she thought I'd like. She was right. Engine Earz Experiment's album, Symbol. Tons of influences. Massive Attack. Tricky. Burial. Bit of soul. Smattering of rap. African drums and Indian swirl...

In one week of unbroken playing it's now up there vying for top position of AOTY. Here's one I've been playing to death - not necessarily typical as the album's a glorious hybrid - but triffic IMHO.

The Crossing

paulchristopher

Posted on December 24, 2017, 5:05 pm

To anyone who's checked in. My latest fave Christmas song. On oldie redone by Jerkcurb. Merry Christmas.

coolnoise

Posted on December 25, 2017, 7:57 pm

Horrible - but only because of the original song. Can I offer Heilung for a Pagan Christmas song. A truly WTF moment when I found this band.

Go to Page : 1 2 . Previous Page  :  Next Page

Forum 'Latest Post' RSS Feed What is RSS?
page bottom
frame box top
Glovebox Logo
A new music promotion company bringing amazing live music to West Oxfordshire and beyond.