todays tuna todays tuna button
The Lost Brothers
Echoes In The Wind
wychwood banner
Invite friends to join tunA the day

Their email addresses are

Your email address

Your message (optional, max 500 characters)

frame box top

Wulfman Fury

Mr TunA

Posted on November 11, 2017, 9:15 am

Does this get you howling at the moon?

paulchristopher

Posted on November 15, 2017, 2:02 am

Some modern bands sound retro. Others produce tracks that qualify for the word timeless. This counts as the latter IMO. A great slab of driving but melodic pop rock. Almost a reined in Muse feel. Love it. And that voice is excellent. Course, I'd never have discovered them if they were supporting dog-bark Weller, so good to hear them now.

Andy Cordy

Posted on November 15, 2017, 9:24 am

I feel like I listened to something else entirely.

Everything about this sounds to me like a compromise. Yes, like an echo of the 80's and they create a mood of tension to a degree (there are plenty of great models for this, but it's all so predictable and familiar.

The guitar break is indicative of the entire production and image. Anyone who's been playing for a couple of years could and probably would do it that way.

The picture says it all. Five pretty ordinary boys, ordinarily dressed (have you seen the high street?), feet cropped off like the box brownie pictures of the 60's. The band is called 'Wulfman' and there's a fox sitting on someone's shoulder. Where's the spunk?

Mr TunA

Posted on November 15, 2017, 9:49 am

To be fair - I cropped that picture

coolnoise

Posted on November 15, 2017, 12:07 pm

As soon as I heard that guitar solo I thought of Andy and wondered if he would be having words about it. He did, and more.

I have listened to it a few times and it still sounds to me a bit like a boy band trying to make Rock music. And yet it is a damnably attractive sound and it does move along very nicely. I could see this band becoming very popular.

How was the fox picture taken. I can't see any Photoshop joins.

Mr TunA

Posted on November 15, 2017, 3:03 pm

Pet fox / stuffed

Jeff Roberts

Posted on November 15, 2017, 5:15 pm
Last edited on November 15, 2017, 5:17 pm

So the presentation has come a cropper, eh? yuk yuk Funny I was going to say that the peppy drum beat and sound make it sound like a Girl Band from the early 90's. Slowing it down and getting more grit in the drum sound and overall would make this a more impressive tune. It could go from Bangles to Soundgarden or Posies. $20 for house call please.

Forum 'Latest Post' RSS Feed What is RSS?
page bottom
frame box top
Album of the week

Angus & Julia Stone
Snow
Album of the week image
4th studio album by the Aussie indie/pop/folk duo. Expect delicious harmonies, catchy tunes and slightly off-kilter lyrics. It would appear NOT available to download.
Listen | Buy it
frame box top
Glovebox Logo
A new music promotion company bringing amazing live music to West Oxfordshire and beyond.