todays tuna todays tuna button
Equals
Husk
wychwood banner
Invite friends to join tunA the day

Their email addresses are

Your email address

Your message (optional, max 500 characters)

frame box top

East of My Youth

Mr TunA

Posted on October 6, 2017, 9:53 am
Last edited on October 13, 2017, 8:43 am

Which compass point does this toddler lead you in?

(Yes...we know this is basically Video Games by Lana Del Rey)

paulchristopher

Posted on October 13, 2017, 8:52 am

There have been a lot of rather predictable melodies here of late. But not this song. And it's all the better for that. It does remind me of Austra - but with a cuter accent. I like it, though by the end I wondered whether it had more to give.

paulchristopher

Posted on October 13, 2017, 9:20 am
Last edited on October 13, 2017, 9:51 am

I didn't get Video Games. Different league imo.That particular song is so beautiful and so charged with emotion... but maybe that's what I sensed was lacking in today's offering. And given the similarity between Lana's Get Free and Radiohead's Creep, I dare say she wouldn't be the first one to cast stones anyway. Ha

Hmm, no links work. Have a listen on Spotify. It's the same tune :-)

coolnoise

Posted on October 13, 2017, 12:47 pm

I certainly see the similarity with Video Games. I can't say either excites me. I'm in a guitars-only mood today.

paulchristopher

Posted on October 13, 2017, 1:11 pm

What do you think of this Coolnoise? Listening to it now as I work, trying to decide whether to go see them later. Energy levels permitting. Natraxas. Greek retro psyche band. Loads of guitars - if a tad noodly.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GL0VldJ2Ps8

coolnoise

Posted on October 13, 2017, 1:46 pm

I like the general meme of revival of Psychedelic Rock. It sounds decent although a bit lacking in the guitar department. It could make for a very good night. You know, all the long hairs with their greatcoats, the surrounding smog of cigarettes and cannabis, the crazy dancing.

Sorry, dropped back into the Seventies there. Might still be decent though even in this sanitised and restricted age.

paulchristopher

Posted on October 13, 2017, 1:50 pm

Cheers. Will feed back if I do make it. Your description was of Jeff Dexter's 70s Sunday Implosion at the Roundhouse. ;-)

Mr TunA

Posted on October 13, 2017, 2:55 pm

I've an evening of acoustic roots and money losing ahead of me tonight ;-)

Andy Cordy

Posted on October 14, 2017, 7:32 pm

I liked the wriggle in the rhythm and the use of electronic sounds for percussion rather than pretending there was a drummer.

This is a lovely rich voice in this register. Really lovely.

Like most electro pop it does recycle ideas too quickly rather than introducing subtle variation. I do think this is very promising.

Forum 'Latest Post' RSS Feed What is RSS?
page bottom
frame box top
Album of the week

Courtney Barnett & Kurt Vile
Lota Sea Lice
Album of the week image
Could have easily made it into our Top2 20 of 2017. Quirky, slacker alt. pop from the oddball Aussie / American duo. We haven't a clue what the title's all about. CD £9.99 / Download £7.99
Listen | Buy it
Download it
frame box top
Glovebox Logo
A new music promotion company bringing amazing live music to West Oxfordshire and beyond.