todays tuna todays tuna button
Hannah Peel
Archild Orange Dwarf
wychwood banner
Invite friends to join tunA the day

Their email addresses are

Your email address

Your message (optional, max 500 characters)

frame box top

The Anatomy of Frank

Mr TunA

Posted on July 25, 2017, 9:01 am

An open body of work?

You're getting better at these...or am I just going soft? Ed

Jeff Roberts

Posted on July 31, 2017, 8:51 am

OMG these guys are from Charlottesville. Kyle tutored my son in SAT prep. Cant listen at moment.

Mr TunA

Posted on July 31, 2017, 9:01 am

Blimey

Andy Cordy

Posted on July 31, 2017, 11:17 am

Loved this. Please can we have a heads-up when the album comes out because I will forget.

Can't say the opening was a hit with me until I realised it was not a put on. Moreover, the gentle, natural delivery, without a hint of overdone, backwoods drawl in the vocal, delivered a deep and thought provoking song without the need for histrionics and fake drama.

Drawing the listener in with quiet story telling is an ancient and hugely underrated skill. This is wonderful stuff.

paulchristopher

Posted on July 31, 2017, 12:57 pm

Well, yeah to the Sufjan thing, but superb in its own right. Absolutely gorgeous. :-)

Mr TunA

Posted on July 31, 2017, 1:08 pm

3 on the bounce Paul? ;-)

coolnoise

Posted on July 31, 2017, 1:10 pm

I've always had a liking for Joe Pernice and I see this as being in a similar vein with its indie approach and the sweet melodies. I love the stories they tell and the way they tell them.

I'm working my way through their back catalogue. My Thick Skin and Mogwai Stole My Chord Progression are just two of the many highlights.

Magnificent.

paulchristopher

Posted on July 31, 2017, 2:48 pm

Haha. Yes. I'm in a good place after the weekend - see the Price of Fish. But today's song is way the best of the three. Playing it over and over!

Forum 'Latest Post' RSS Feed What is RSS?
page bottom
frame box top
Album of the week

Hannah Peel
Journey to Cassiopeia
Album of the week image
The Northern Irish artist and electronic composer’s third album is a seven-movement odyssey composed for analogue synthesizers and full, traditional 29-piece colliery brass band! He nicked this from the press release - Ed!!
Listen | Buy it
Download it
frame box top
Glovebox Logo
A new music promotion company bringing amazing live music to West Oxfordshire and beyond.