todays tuna todays tuna button
The Last Dinosaur
Grow
wychwood banner
Invite friends to join tunA the day

Their email addresses are

Your email address

Your message (optional, max 500 characters)

frame box top

Daunt

Mr TunA

Posted on March 18, 2017, 11:06 am

Are you DauntED?

paulchristopher

Posted on March 21, 2017, 8:14 am

I liked this more than when it first started - and after a few listens, lots. The dull drums become reassuring. The little embellishments get cleverer. The laid back vocal allows the lyric to come through, with the 'to the to the to the (schwas and all) wall' bit totally inspired imo. I don't know if I'll want to hear it in six months time, but hey, it's pop.

paulchristopher

Posted on March 21, 2017, 8:31 am

I saw John Martyn a lot through the seventies, and then again some in the nineties. Sometimes he was the life and soul, chatty and friendly on stage and off. Other times he was morose, raging or so drunk the concert became a joke. The vid today is of a man in his young 60s... I prefer to remember him like this.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fZEjxv7E0x4

coolnoise

Posted on March 21, 2017, 8:32 am

Not my sort of thing, but I did enjoy the electronics in the background.

Mr TunA

Posted on March 21, 2017, 10:07 am

My experience of JM is very similar. Best gig was an Amnesty Concert in a very intimate Oxford venue...he was spitting distance....neither of us did!!

Jeff Roberts

Posted on March 21, 2017, 2:38 pm

There's nothing wrong with this feature but not much to get into either, for me at least. Jeez that John Martyn was pathetic and sad.

Forum 'Latest Post' RSS Feed What is RSS?
page bottom
frame box top
Album of the week

The Last Dinosaur
The Nothing
Album of the week image
In turns delicate and devastating. An album about death and loss. For fans of Nick Drake and The Leisure Society. Don't be surprised to see this on many people's 'best of' lists at the end of the year. And they are playing Oxford next Feb as a Glovebox gig.
Listen | Buy it
Download it
frame box top
Glovebox Logo
A new music promotion company bringing amazing live music to West Oxfordshire and beyond.