todays tuna todays tuna button
Hannah Peel
Archild Orange Dwarf
wychwood banner
Invite friends to join tunA the day

Their email addresses are

Your email address

Your message (optional, max 500 characters)

frame box top

Psyence

Mr TunA

Posted on March 17, 2017, 9:45 am

Thoughts....

paulchristopher

Posted on March 20, 2017, 8:41 am
Last edited on March 20, 2017, 9:02 am

I love this. Great slab of psychedelic. Reminds me of the Black Angels. The ep's also excellent, esp, for me, the Bad Seed. Full marks on this grim Monday morning. :-)

I instantly checked out live gigs and found they were on here last Friday. That is not the way it's meant to work. I hear a new band on TunA, see them the following week, report back - not find out they've been and gone... Big shame.

Other thoughts. Stoke didn't go for UKIP! Phew. And Peckham - re last week's video of Rina Moshunga - was just voted top district of London.

Last thought. The spelling had me returning to Psyence Fiction by UNKLE, which I played to death at the time. Would have put a link, but 'they' won't let me. Grrr

Mr TunA

Posted on March 20, 2017, 9:03 am
Last edited on March 20, 2017, 9:03 am

Great comments..as ever Paul

coolnoise

Posted on March 20, 2017, 1:24 pm

Great name, good track. Only problem is I am not getting enough 'personality' out of it. I've liked a lot of bands who sound a bit like this with a psychedelic sound and lots of echo on the vocal.

On the EP I'm liking Falling In Love Once Again best of all with it's final two minutes of freaking guitar solo (not freaking as in American alt word for fucking).

Mr TunA

Posted on March 20, 2017, 1:51 pm

I should hope not!!! ;-)

Jeff Roberts

Posted on March 20, 2017, 2:00 pm

This is pretty good, there's just a wee bit of Golden Earring in there, but, not to be a buzz kill, this is pretty much a clone of Black Rebel Motorcycle Club's Took Out a Loan (and I do like them).

paulchristopher

Posted on March 20, 2017, 8:46 pm

Ok. I see your BRMC and raise you the Black Angels.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-Q1l4Sz4Hhg

Haha. Not in any way to undermine today's track, which I still love.

Forum 'Latest Post' RSS Feed What is RSS?
page bottom
frame box top
Album of the week

Hannah Peel
Journey to Cassiopeia
Album of the week image
The Northern Irish artist and electronic composer’s third album is a seven-movement odyssey composed for analogue synthesizers and full, traditional 29-piece colliery brass band! He nicked this from the press release - Ed!!
Listen | Buy it
Download it
frame box top
Glovebox Logo
A new music promotion company bringing amazing live music to West Oxfordshire and beyond.